July 09, 2008

New Product and No Clue

In a previous post, Experimenting, I shared some hand painted journals/sketchbooks I had been working on. After receiving a lot of positive feedback I decided make new ones and add them to my etsy shop.

I have completed three journals/sketchbooks. Two wood grain textures (people really seemed to like those) and one with a sushi theme. * Each book measures about 6"x8" and contains approximately 50 blank sheets of recycled paper. Now that the work is all done, I'm faced with a problem. I have no clue what to charge for them!** They did take a lot of time and are hand painted/ sculpted. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks for the help!

*I added this information after I posted because it is important to the pricing.
**I have decided on a price and have added these items to my etsy shop. Click on the picture to view the listing! Thanks for all the help!
Categories: art, etsy, sketchbook

10 comments:

John said...

These are beautiful, such talent !

Wonderful World of Etsy said...

They are beautiful, I don't know what the price should be.

Michele Maule said...

I would say to price them in the $25.00-$40.00 range.

They look really good!

Keira Gillett said...

Very nice. I like the sushi!

13 Delancey Street said...

I did an Etsy search just on "journal" and sorted by price. I saw prices that were much(!) higher than I expected. Judging by these results and the prices of other items in your shop, I'd think you could do the $40-$60 range (if you want to aim high and don't mind waiting a bit longer for a sale). You can always reduce the price in a sale if you overshoot.

Bluesaphire said...

i love the first one it makes me feel earthy and now i want to go hugg a tree! hee hee...beautiful :)

Tasha Early said...

They are lovely, but I have no idea about the pricing. Maybe take a look around and see how much similar items are going for...

Soyun Park said...

Love your color. So.. pretty~

Soyun.

Itaya Art said...

Beautiful Art Journals!

I agree with the poster above...
$40-$45 I think would be fair. And you can always lower the price if need be. :)

Thanks for your lovely comment on my artwork! You are a wonderful artist!:)

Itaya

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Super idea and nice designs. The $25-40 range seems fair but only you know how much time goes into creating each one. :)