July 28, 2008

Sophisticated Sketching

This is my latest sketchbook. A present for my very talented, and deserving boyfriend.
Photobucket

Photobucket
This book is a lot larger than the ones listed in my etsy shop. The technique is also slightly different/improved. It's body is made from a blank, hardcover sketchbook I found at a second hand book store. I love making my wood grain sketchbooks because each one is so unique. As I sculpt and paint the woodgrain finish I try to match the color and texture to fit the reciever's style and personallity. That's the beauty of handmade. One size, style, color, shape does not fit all and should never have to.

Categories: art, etsy, sketchook, DIY

10 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Wow - excellent technique! It looks just beautiful. And who wouldn't love sketching something inspired and beautiful in such a beautiful and inspired journal!?!

kim* said...

o0h my gosh i am SO getting one of these for my bf for Christmas!

Rachel said...

Beautiful! I love the woodgrain - great craftsmanship!

Madeline said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! Nice work.

Morrgan said...

That's is beautiful!

Rachel said...

I tagged you! Check out my blog for details if you're interested in playing along.

Tasha Early said...

It looks great!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Beautiful work!

Mixed Species said...

Fantastic! Looks super pro.

Belinha Fernandes said...

It looks great!